Thursday

untangling myself from the sheets and rolling
round i see your smile and it is vast as a
smile, your spider hand comes down onto my
face which is a face lined with worry and black
marks round the eyes and crust

hello you say. hello to you, waking up and
considering tea and all the things, like cash
flow and how to change the world by inventing
a robot super race that is not human in the
best ways. hello softness. your mouth is the

exact warmth of spring, but also wet and dark
like soil. your eyes are mostly full of laughing and
i am pretty sure it is at me. i think this is absolutely
right and my crow’s feet crinkle up into a million
different roads to take and this is also very good

i expect we will be king and queen

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hey Emma,

I like this poem a very lot. Especially the idea of crows feet crinkling into a millions routes :) Katie. X